International Health Insurance Plans
When you leave this country, you’re probably leaving your health insurance benefits behind. A good international health insurance plan will help you be prepared should things go wrong on your trip. It will generally provide you with:
- Standard medical coverage for accidents, injuries, illnesses
- Evacuation coverage (medical evacuation, natural disaster, political evacuation)
- Terrorism coverage
- Reunion coverage (brings a family member to be with you under certain circumstances)
- Repatriation of remains (nobody wants to think about that, but it’s important)
- An optional sports rider is an important addition if any kind of organized sporting activity is a part of your trip.
There are other benefits as well, but you get the big idea. We hope you never have to use the coverages we’re describing, but let’s face it – things don’t always go according to plan, and stuff happens. The good news is that these plans are thorough and they are inexpensive! The price will vary depending on your age, where you are going, and how long you’ll stay, but coverage could be as low as $1/day per person.
There are varying levels of benefits available with various deductibles. We’ll be happy to help you figure out the plan that best fits your needs and budget, or you can utilize our online guide: