Travel insurance doesn’t cost much, but it can save you a lot of money if something goes wrong on your trip.
Coverage on a good travel insurance plan will include:
- Medical expenses (health insurance)
- Evacuation (medical, political, natural disaster)
- Reunion (brings a relative to your side in certain situations)
- Trip Interruption
- Return of Remains (morbid, but important)
There are other benefits, but these are the most significant.
Types of Individual Travel Insurance Plans
There are different kinds of travel insurance policies that are designed for different needs.
These plans will cover individuals and families traveling outside their home country for less than a year. Obviously these plans are ideal for vacations, business trips, mission trips, and other short trips abroad.
If you plan to take multiple trips abroad this year, you’ll save money with a multi-trip plan. Just buy one plan to cover all your trips for the year. These plans are ideal for frequent business travelers, missionary leaders, and those involved in international adoptions.
If you are moving abroad, you can get an insurance plan that resembles the health insurance policy you have in the U.S. These plans also come with common travel insurance benefits like evacuation coverage. They are ideal for anyone who plans to live outside their home country for more than a year.
There are travel insurance plans that are designed to meet the specific needs of students studying abroad. In addition to the usual medical and evacuation benefits, we can find a plan that will meet the particular requirements of your institution.
Trip Cancellation Plans
If you also want to insure the cost of your trip (in addition to medical insurance, etc.), you’ll want to consider a trip cancellation plan. These plans will reimburse you for the cost of your trip if you have to cancel for a covered reason. (Be warned, though, these plans will be significantly more expensive.)
What Travel Insurance Companies We Recommend
We work with several travel insurance companies to make sure we provide our clients with the option best suited to their particular needs and situation.
- HCC Medical. Most of our clients who purchase short-term plans and student insurance are insured with HCC Medical.
- IMG. Our second most popular carrier for both short-term and long-term plans.
- Cigna Global. Cigna is the largest provider of long-term international health insurance plans for both individuals and groups.
- Seven Corners. Our trip cancellation plans are provided by Seven Corners Insurance.
All of these companies are well established, reputable companies with years of experience in helping travelers worldwide.
Contact Us with Questions
As always we invite you to contact us if you have specific questions or need more information.